I havn't been keeping up with Rorys blog - sorry !
It's been nearly 9 months since Rory arrived, and he has turned into a very confident, happy, playful dog. He is also very content and PATIENT ! Most recently he has been Christmas shopping with me which can be difficult as shoppers are not watching out for a dog and he does sometimes get bumped and even trodden on :(
In September we had a long weekend away at a scrapbooking retreat near Edinburgh and of course Rory was there. He was very good and managed to stay out of the way of all the scrapping goodies that were lying around.
He has made some new "park pals" and I really think he knows what time a certain other black labrador will be at the park ! Him and Louie are the same age and from a distance it's difficult to tell them apart ! But they love playing with a ball and will tease each other with it and even toss it to each other ! I must take my camera along and get a pic of the two of them
Speaking of pics - I had hoped to send out some christmas cards with a pic of Rory in a santa hat included. However, Rory does not like hats ! lol. He usually manages to flick it off or pull it off with his paw before the camera clicks. I think we will have to settle for a pic of him with the hat at his feet lol - I will get some of those into a blog soon.
Rory had his first sleepover a few weeks back. We had been letting him spend some time with my mum, working up to an overnight stay with her. We don't have any plans at the moment, but it's always good to know that there is somewhere we can leave him overnight where he will be familiar with. Everything went well, although I think he was up a bit early in the morning for mums liking - just before 7am. However, she really enjoyed having him for the company and we got a huge greeting when we went to pick him up. It was very very strange in the house without him.
This will be Rorys first christmas with us and only his second christmas ever. He is very interested in all the goings on, present wrapping and decorations going up. I'm excited to see how he reacts to our real christmas tree that we will be getting this weekend. I'm sure it will get the once .. or twice over lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment