Friday, 10 April 2009

Keepin' Busy

Throwing a surprise 5oth birthday party for Gordon on Saturday. So I've had a lot of running around to do, and so of course Rory has too. Thank goodness he can't tell any of the secrets ! lol We've had lots of trips to the supermarket, shopping for paper goods and today was a visit to my sister as we were both getting our hair done. After that we had an afternoon of cooking up some goodies for the party. As it was raining Rory didn't get to stay out in the garden and had to stay in the kitchen with us and listen to our chit-chat. The rain did clear briefly and we got some frisbee throwing done, and that's another frisbee wrecked lol - I can see we are going to need a good supply of those.

I had forgotten one ingredient for the quiches so I had to drive home quickly for it. This was the first time Rory had been left with anyone except Gordon or myself. I didn't make a fuss of things when I left, I just went. I was gone less than 10 minutes, Heather said Rory seemed a bit worried when I first left and he stood at the door. Then she managed to get him playing with a toy. I got a huge greeting when I came back, but again I didn't make a big fuss of him, just to let him know if I go away I always come back and that it's no big deal - at least I hope that's the message he got !

He worked to the doorbell and phone today. Then we did his most favourite sound and that was the "call" - he really does seem to enjoy that one.

It was confirmed today that Alex from Hearing Dogs will be up next Tuesday and Wednesday to see how Rory is doing. I am sure he will be very pleased with everything

So tomorrow night is the party. I hope Rory enjoys it :)

1 comment:

  1. Rory is a beautiful dog Moira. I look forward to reading more about his adventures :-)

    ReplyDelete