Rory continues to do well. He is very consistent about responding to sounds and really enjoys the practice sessions we do with him.
It surprised me that he can hear the phone and doorbell when he is out in the garden. When he hears them he comes bounding into the house. I was watching him out in the garden while I was drying some dishes the other day, I accidentally dropped a cup into the sink and he heard it and came bounding in to see what was going on !
Normally if Gordon were in the garden I would have to go out there if I wanted him. Now I can call to Rory and send him to Gordon. He alerts Gordon by nudging him with his nose
and when he asks "what is it?" Rory comes running back to me - bringing Gordon with him. Very handy ! lol
We had a bit of a giggle at my lipreading class today. Just before I start the class I tell Rory "in your bed" - this just means that he has to go to the place I show him and stay there. As we went through the class I was busy talking when I noticed one of the ladies looking at Rory and laughing. There he was lying flat out, sleeping and .... barking !! Just little barks. It was the first time I had heard him bark ! I wasn't sure if it was a good or a bad dream he was having. I said his name a couple of times and he finally looked around at all of us watching him lol
He's very spoilt by my class and they give me treats for him. He's had a box of doggy biscuits from them and today a lady brought in a ball catcher after me telling them about the one we had seen a couple of weeks ago, and that he had taken a shine to !
Last Sunday we went to the beach. The sea was a bit rough and the waves were quite loud and choppy. When Gordon threw his ball into the water he was very unsure about going in after it. As the waves come in he backed up so as not to get his feet wet ! In the end Gordon had to wade in and retrieve the ball !! and .......... of course I didn't have my camera ! That was definitely one that got away :)

No comments:
Post a Comment